Daily devotionals will be available below, click the day below.
What would it look like if we took 10 Days and gave them completely to God? What would happen if we stepped outside of our normal routine of life, work, school, entertainment and social media? It would look like a revival like we have never experienced before. Let’s take it a step further and imagine what this revival would look like if your family and church did the same. It would be a return to God! It’s time for us to commune with God again and discover one another in the light of His face.
Cornerstone Church we are about to Return to God by humbling ourselves and realigning our hearts with God’s ways. September 18th – 27th churches across the United States will be participating in 10 days of fasting and repentance and so will we. During these 10 days we will be seeking God’s face for repentance and revival for ourselves and our nation.
Won’t you join us as we seek God’s face and turn toward righteousness and the Kingdom of God.
“Fasting, at its heart, is about giving up something that satisfies you in order to intentionally pursue satisfaction in God alone” Tiffany Montgomery
Types of Fasts
- Absolute Fast: *No food or water is to be consumed at all.
- Liquid Fast: *Only liquids are to be ingested during this time (water, juice, tea).
- Partial Fast: Limiting your meal schedule by eating only 1 meal a day or omitting 1 meal from your schedule.
- Daniel Fast: Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes (beans, lentils, peas) and nuts are to be consumed during this fast. No meat, dairy or sugars are to be eaten.
- Rotational Fast: Eating or omitting certain families of foods for designated period. For example, dairy can only be consumed every other day, grains eaten on even days, etc.
- Non-Food Fast: Instead of food other things are given up such as television, a certain habit, social media, secular music, etc.
*For those choosing the Absolute and Liquid fast please consult with your doctor before starting*
Preparation for the Fast
For those partaking in a food fast it is best to start preparing your body one week before it begins so your body is not in shock resulting in low energy, withdrawals, and cravings:
- Start preparing your body by eating smaller meals.
- Begin to decrease the intake of high-fat, sugary and processed foods.
- Caffeine drinkers (coffee, soda, tea) it is important that you begin to reduce your caffeine intake sooner rather than later to avoid caffeine withdrawals which normally result in migraines, irritability, and low energy.
For those partaking in a non-food fast it is also important that you begin to prepare as well. Whatever it is that you will be fasting is a part of your daily routine and it will be even harder when you begin the fast if you don’t start preparing now.
During the Fast
The first 2-3 days will be the hardest as your body adjusts to the new eating habits/schedule. This may result in weakness, headaches, fatigue as well as crankiness and impatience. This is normal and will pass. Please try to limit your physical activity during this time and partake in moderate exercise such as walking 1-2 miles daily, yoga, etc. Also do not forget to stay hydrated.
List of Reading Resources
- The Fasting Edge by Jentezen Franklin (click link for book sample) Sample
- The Fasting Edge Journal (click link for book sample) Sample
- Cultivate – The Art of Connection by Cageless Birds Sample
- Morning by Morning: The Devotions of Charles Spurgeon (click link for book sample) Sample
- Holiness, Truth & The Presence of God (click link for book sample) Sample
- Reckless Love: A 40-Day Journey Into the Overwhelming, Never-Ending Love of God (click link for book sample) Sample
- Ancient Paths: Rediscovering Delight in the Word of God (click link for book sample) Sample
- Commanding Your Morning Daily: Unleash God’s Power in Your Life-Every Day of the Year (click link for book sample) Sample
- Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God (click link for book sample) Sample
- Prayer Warrior: The Power of Praying Your Way to Victory by Stormie Omartian (sold on amazon)
- What is Prayer? How to Pray to God the Way You Talk to a Friend (click link for book sample) Sample